Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bob Barker clearly hates puppies

I love puppies. I want a house full of puppies. And as Jen so perfectly put it today, I want enough puppies that I can scoop them up, cuddle them, then roll around in them. I love puppies, but I don't actually want a puppy. All the things I don't like about babies also apply to puppies, except they aren't entirely useless and they can move around on their own. I think puppies are a little bit more like irritating toddlers and/or 5 year old children, which are my least favourite ages of children. Ugh, awful. In my dog seeking, I came across this lovely specimen at the Cambridge Humane Society:
He is beautiful, and I want him. They have called him Chupa, which is a name that makes me think of those awful lollipops you used to find in your halloween haul - I never ate them. I would name this dog Greedo (Star Wars reference, hardcore). He is still at the humane society after at least 3 weeks. For a while he was the only one there, but now he has been joined by a funny looking basset hound. I almost think there must be something wrong with him, but I went to see him in person and he looked alright. The lady I talked to about him said he has some dog dominance issues, and since I have two other dogs, all my animals would have to come to the shelter for a "meet and greet" to make sure they don't hate each other. I love him. I think he is exactly the kind of dog I want to sit in the front seat of my smart car. I give you the following mathematical support, crudely drawn in Paint:
But since I cannot have him (already have 2 dogs in my house, father would literally kill me, etc), I urge someone else who loves a good dog to go and get him.

No knitting party tonight at the bux, we're taking a week off. I need to finish my first set of uncle Christmas mittens by sewing in all the ends, then its on to another set of the exact same mittens.

Onward,

vrock

2 comments:

Dan said...

Wonderful post Magoo. When we get a house we can pick out one lovely pooch together and name him Greedo (unless it is a girl and then we will have to find another nerdy name).

p.s notice how I remembered to reinforce the "one."

vrock said...

Dan, I don't like that you are limiting my dog needs. I think Greedo would be equally appropriate for a girl, it's like how I wanted Tam Tam to name her girl cat Mr. Peanut...but her argument is that it sounds like Mr. Penis